Mundorf coupling caps

Anyone has expericned with the supreme silver/gold and silver/oil? How do they sound comparing to one another? which one sounds warmer? Any infos on these caps will be appreciated.Thanks and have a happy holiday.
Best regards
Tim
pepericoz
I'm very curious about this too, as I'm facing a similar decision regarding replacing coupling caps on my phono. Thanks to Pepericoz for posting this question.

Garrett
I used v-caps for coupling caps and mundorf silver oil for my speaker cross-overs. From what I was able to gather from AA and Audiogon,the silver gold is not worth the extra money.

Tim
I also tried the Mundorf/silver oil caps, ended up with film foil Teflons made by Solen.
I've not tried Mundorf silver/oil, but I use silver/gold in phono stage & line stage components-- particularly in higher values where V-Caps become cost-prohibitive for me. The Silver/Gold are clean and neutral, and IME do not lack for bass as some have commented. Mundorf wrote to me that Silver/oil it tilted up in midrange and bass and that Silver/Gold is more faithful to the music "as recorded." Also, if the caps are to be used in a hot tube amp chassis, consider that the silver/gold are rated to a much higher temperature.

Whatever you decide, allow several hundred hours for the caps to relax and sound natural.
I have used silver oil but not silver gold.

I really liked them. I feel they are not quite as good as TFTF V-Caps but then they are a lot less expensive.

Regards
Paul