Thiel 3.6, what will drive them best?

I'm looking for an amp that will drive the Thiel 3.6's to their ultimate potential. Unfortunately price matters, in that I derive pleasure thinking of myself as the ultimate connoiseur of the most for the least...

In other words I'm cheap! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, and say thanks),

Ron
starsandseas
A pair of Bryston 7B-STs will drive them nicely and can be gotten for relatively little money. Some think that that earlier model actually sounds better than the current one.
Look for a used Classe DR-9 I can't think of a better amp built and sound wise and right in your budget. I would also think that a used pair of B&KM200 mono amps can be had for around 500.00 or less and are wonderful.
I used to play mine with a very updated Audio Research VT-60, which probably did not control the bass like a good SS amp would.

At the sub $1k mark, I suggest something like a Belles 150A Hotrod, OCM 200 or 500. Some of the updated Hafler 500 amps sound very good too. You can find all of those amps at less than $1k. Another line of amps to consider are the older Coda amps. Sometimes you can find a nice Coda 10 or 10.5 in the price range you are looking for. They are very sweet sounding and can nearly drive a short, so the Thiels impedance issues should not cause them to sweat. I am not a big Krell fan because of all the inherent buzzing ground loops that they seem to have had each time I owned one, however I have heard good things about the Krell KST-100. Some have said it is more musical than a lot of the KSA's and it is Class A/B so it won't eat itself like the KSA's can do.

I hope this helps.