Thiel 3.6, what will drive them best?

I'm looking for an amp that will drive the Thiel 3.6's to their ultimate potential. Unfortunately price matters, in that I derive pleasure thinking of myself as the ultimate connoiseur of the most for the least...

In other words I'm cheap! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, and say thanks),

Ron
starsandseas
I just went through the same search in a similar budget. I ended up buying a pair of Quicksilver Silver Monos, but one got lost in shipping (a long, sad story for another time), so I never got to hear them. Bummer.

As a "quick fix" (until I can afford what I want) I bought a used Aragon 8002 for under $500. It sounds very nice, with good bass control and more than enough headroom. It's rated at 125 wpc into 8 ohms and twice that into 4. Hard to imagine a better sounding amp at that price. You may also consider an Odyssey Stratos in the used market. Good luck.
You can consider the used Parasound AMP with 200W plus to drive your 3.6. They may pop up on agon from time to time in about $1000 range.
you could consider an Amber series70 amp there built well run cool and can be ran in mono.They go for about 175.00 to 190.00 and can be found either on this site or Ebay. Also a NY audiolab 300 hybrid is a good buy and might also do the trick.
An Acoustat 200 mosfet amp now that might be the ticket, anyone think this could be a good gamble for price and power?