Thiel 3.6, what will drive them best?

I'm looking for an amp that will drive the Thiel 3.6's to their ultimate potential. Unfortunately price matters, in that I derive pleasure thinking of myself as the ultimate connoiseur of the most for the least...

In other words I'm cheap! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, and say thanks),

Ron
starsandseas
I had 7BSTs for a time with a pair of CS7s. This sounded good for a couple of years. The key is not to crank it to loudly, I did one day and blew out the high end driver in the coaxial high/high mid unit (which Thiel replaced free of charge). The Brystons just didn't have the current delivery capacity to avoid going squarewave at high levels.

As long as you don't have unrealistic loudness expectations, the Brystons will do just fine.
You see...the last post (Stevecham) is the exact point a number of us have been making.
Even an amp as fine as the bryston 7bst is unable to deliver enough current for the Thiels.
A high current delivery amplifier is an absolute must.
That's a point I hadn't considered. Low impedance easily drives most amps into clipping, generating square waves who's harmonics filter up to the tweeter, blowing it.

This would generally lead me to believe that whatever amp I choose, it should have a stiff reserve cap in the power supply. This then leads me to believe that amps like the McCormak DNA-1, with 64000 microfarads of storage might be a bit weak. Perhaps the McCormak's have a soft clipping feature which would prevent this from happening. Am I on the right track here?

How about the Classe 15 or Classe 100? These both double their power into 4 ohms and the 100 model is right in my range.

Thank you
Ron
Sell the 3.6's and buy a pair of 1.6's if you like the Thiel sound. The 1.6's are a much easier load to drive than the 3.6's.

Chuck
I have direct experience with the DNA 1 and Thiels in a large room.
Unless you drive them to SILLY loud levels, it will be fine.

You need current and watts... I think 100 wpc is under powering the 3.6's