TVC Promethius versus Bent

Any impressions on differences from this that have tried TVCs from both these companies? Also, I'm not sure why a transformer would help over of a passive resistor based attenuator (assuming a very high quality pot)assuming drive, low output impedance source, low capacitance cables, high sensitivity amp with high input impedance (100kohm). If more is less, why isn't adding a transformer just more, though minimal, distortion? Sort of two questions, but I have a high quality passive volume control, but have an interest in the TVC idea, especially these two brands or something made by Kevin Carter.
pubul57
Charlie, I'm not sure I understand the volume issue with passives in most cases. My DAC put out 3Volts and my amp plays at full power with .839Mv, I'm not sure how volume can be compromised. The other issue I have with transformers is that they are bandwidth compromised to some extent, and my understanding (limited) is that my volume control is not. I would love to hear a demo with SOTA passive potentiometer, passive stepped attenuator, TVC, and tube pre. I know there is a gap between theory and hearing, and that sometimes we hear the theory, we hear what we expect. Anyway, it is all fun.
I have the EVS attenuators and compared them to the K&K TVC that I also have (with S&B MkI transformers and Seiden switches). The TVC was better in regards to micro dynamics and overall sound stage presentation. The EVS presented a sound stage that was somewhat less 3 dimensional. Both are quite transparent though and for the price the EVS is a great value.
Pubul57,

Not sure if you have seen this, but some good information on S&B transformers:

http://www.stevens-billington.co.uk/page102.htm
Clio09, I've been listening to the K&K TVC for three hours now -- WOW! Works great with the CAT. Thanks for "breaking it in". Love it.