TVC Promethius versus Bent

Any impressions on differences from this that have tried TVCs from both these companies? Also, I'm not sure why a transformer would help over of a passive resistor based attenuator (assuming a very high quality pot)assuming drive, low output impedance source, low capacitance cables, high sensitivity amp with high input impedance (100kohm). If more is less, why isn't adding a transformer just more, though minimal, distortion? Sort of two questions, but I have a high quality passive volume control, but have an interest in the TVC idea, especially these two brands or something made by Kevin Carter.
pubul57
I have the EVS attenuators and compared them to the K&K TVC that I also have (with S&B MkI transformers and Seiden switches). The TVC was better in regards to micro dynamics and overall sound stage presentation. The EVS presented a sound stage that was somewhat less 3 dimensional. Both are quite transparent though and for the price the EVS is a great value.
Pubul57,

Not sure if you have seen this, but some good information on S&B transformers:

http://www.stevens-billington.co.uk/page102.htm
Clio09, I've been listening to the K&K TVC for three hours now -- WOW! Works great with the CAT. Thanks for "breaking it in". Love it.
Pubul57,

I thought you would enjoy it. The MkI transformers with copper windings have that warmth factor that make them special. It was sitting idle for about a month so over another 50 or so hours it will gradually get even better.

I take it you don't notice any limited bandwidth ;)