Rogue Metis pre amp

I'm getting a rogue Metis next week, anyone out there using this with good results? In a few reviews it says it's loud. Not sure what that means but I'm sure it will be better than my 20 year old solid state.
fruff1976
UPDATE: I received a new pre from Rogue and have to say I'm very impressed. As assumed, it isn't the most quiet unit in the world but it does sound very, very good. Customer service is top notch too.
Fruff, i recently purch'd the metis on agon. I also have the Usher 6381's -- coincidence! the rest of my system consists of a Musical Fidelity a308cr cd player (wonderful and detailed) and Operetta SS amp (google Jaton Operetta. a relative newcomer to the game, this amp sounds almost tubey). The entire system is the best I've had. I've got tube warmth (I upgraded the stocks to GE GTA's - nice improvement in mid weight and less harsh).

I hear speaker hiss when I put my ear to the speaker, that's about it. It is a little noisier then other preamps I've had, but not noticeable from my listening position. Overall happy with it in this system. I recommend tube rolling and if you can, upgrading power cords and plugging into a decent power conditioner (i've got a PS Audio Quintet).
If you are hearing a loud buzzing you have a ground loop somewhere my freind has a metis and it is very quiet without a line conditioner.
Give Rogue a call the designer Mark Obrien will try to help you if you have a problem.
Just bought an used Rogue Metis (with GE 6SN7) from a nice gentleman in Canada; unit was relatively quiet IMO with my listening volume control up to approx. 12 O'clock. My other components as follow: power amp: McIntosh MC275, DAC/transport: EAD 7000 MkIII/1000T, speakers: Clements Little "d". The Rogue is my most recent addition, and definitely an improvement, replacing a rather nice N.E.W. (this USA manufacturer was purchased by Cary in the late 90's) model P-3 triode preamp.