Rogue Metis pre amp

I'm getting a rogue Metis next week, anyone out there using this with good results? In a few reviews it says it's loud. Not sure what that means but I'm sure it will be better than my 20 year old solid state.
fruff1976
Fruff, i recently purch'd the metis on agon. I also have the Usher 6381's -- coincidence! the rest of my system consists of a Musical Fidelity a308cr cd player (wonderful and detailed) and Operetta SS amp (google Jaton Operetta. a relative newcomer to the game, this amp sounds almost tubey). The entire system is the best I've had. I've got tube warmth (I upgraded the stocks to GE GTA's - nice improvement in mid weight and less harsh).

I hear speaker hiss when I put my ear to the speaker, that's about it. It is a little noisier then other preamps I've had, but not noticeable from my listening position. Overall happy with it in this system. I recommend tube rolling and if you can, upgrading power cords and plugging into a decent power conditioner (i've got a PS Audio Quintet).
If you are hearing a loud buzzing you have a ground loop somewhere my freind has a metis and it is very quiet without a line conditioner.
Give Rogue a call the designer Mark Obrien will try to help you if you have a problem.
Just bought an used Rogue Metis (with GE 6SN7) from a nice gentleman in Canada; unit was relatively quiet IMO with my listening volume control up to approx. 12 O'clock. My other components as follow: power amp: McIntosh MC275, DAC/transport: EAD 7000 MkIII/1000T, speakers: Clements Little "d". The Rogue is my most recent addition, and definitely an improvement, replacing a rather nice N.E.W. (this USA manufacturer was purchased by Cary in the late 90's) model P-3 triode preamp.