Dodd preamp vs. McCormack RLD-1 preamp

I am interested to know if anyone has any experience with both the Dodd battery powered preamp and the Steve McCormack platinum-modded RLD-1 preamp. I am looking to replace my ARC LS3 and both look interesting and in the same relatively affordable price range.

Thanks in advance.
128x128es347
Pubul57, is this Amperex 6dj8 that you have also called "Bugle Boy"??

I did try a pair of "Bugle Boy" from Andy Bowman, but I found it a little too warm to my taste, probably because I already have a tube amplifier which is already warm enough. So I switch back to the JJ tubes on the Dodd. I'm waiting for Andy to send me a pair of Siemen 6922.
I'm not sure if it is called Bugle Boy. It is the first 6dj8 that Amperex made and it has D Getter, and is made in Holland. It is the very first tube listed on Andy's stock list, and not cheap. I'm using the Dodd with a Music Reference RM9 Special Edition which is quite nuetral tonally and Merlin VSMs so if the Amperex is generally warm it would be a good match for my system. If the Siemens are like other Siemens, it will certainly leaner (more linear?) than the Amperex. I wish I bought these tubes at the drugstore when the $1 :).

VTS took over 5 weeks to send my Amperex tubes. I hope you fair better than I did.

To me five weeks is way to long to wait on two tubes. I sent them back.
Pubul57, How do they compare in the frequency extremes and dynamics to the JJ's?
I believe the bugle boys have the little cartoon on the tubes but not on the box.
Your right the Dodd is one of the best especially when you consider the price of $2600.
It took 8 days to get the tubes. He does take longer than some, but they actually seem to be matched and quiet. My only gripe is that the prices posted on the website seems to be a few years old; he should either keep it up to date or post no picing at all. Not sure how they compare in terms of dynamics or extremes; so far it is just my oberall impressi8on of a much more realistic and beleivable presentation. I ne4ed toto go back to analyze the differences a bit more. But my gut reaction was that I defintely preferred the Amperexs, and in my system not too warm.