Spectron Musician III - Can anyone comment on it?

I am currently on the hunt for a pair of amplifiers that have massive peak power capability with excellent micro dynamics and neutral presentation. I am driving a pair of Martin Logan Statement E2's

The Spectron Musician has been reviewed exceptionally well everywhere I looked and seems to fit the bill but I just can't get over 25 years of snobbery telling me to avoid switching amps because linear amps just sound better and, hey, the name on the faceplate ain't Krell or Mark Levinson!

Can I PLEASE get a few people with experience listening to these amps tell me why I should or shouldn't buy them?

I desperately want to buy a pair of the BAT VK-600SE's since I own mostly all BAT equipment but to produce, say, 110db peaks one would comfortably need several thousands watts of power in the bucket to meet the challenge. I don't think the BAT amps have that under the hood.

Advice?
sashua

Russ,

I had the Remote Sense cables for a while. They were much better than the Nordost Red Dawn Rev II, and I'll put it against many cables costing twice as much. I agree with Rafael, they may not be in competition with the best cables out there. I recently got the Stereovox Reference cables throughout my system and the level of detail, speed and transparency I get from the amps with these cables is simply uncanny. But again the Stereovox Ref SC is 5.4x the price of the Remote Sense.

I also talked to Simon regarding to go mono-block or go biamp when I was getting the second amp. He suggested to go with mono-block. The improvement in sound quality was so great with the mono-blocks that I now doubt that bi-amping could have made so much of an improvement. This might be a different story in your case, but I think mono-block is the way to go for the technical reasons explained in Spectron's site.

My brother finds my system spooky because he says that the musicians are for sure in the room, he knows exactly where they are playing in reference to one another, but he can't seem them. And that freaks him out! He said that after I setup the mono-blocks.
Rafael, My reference in the second rig has been a Plinius SA 102. Not a piece of junk by any means. But, sitting here listening to Ronnie Earl it's so dynamic that's it's scary! Just downright scary. If(and I know it will) it gets much better I'll have to sell off the some of the main rig. It's amazing how dynamic conventional speakers can be. The leading edges and trailing (decay) of notes is so evident.
I believe the Spectron in its new MK2 form would be a great solution for you ML speakers which have a nominal ohm rating of 6 but can dip to much lower than that. The Spectron can handle ohms down to .01.

It is a very musical amp with plent of headroom with out being harsh at all at, very musical,great midrange and tight base. You can spend a ton more on the BATs and not get the sound of the Spectron MK2.

I have this amp and it is better than any other amp I have owned.
Well then, I am overwhelmed by all the praise for these amps.

I have always been a fan of tubes and was originally planning on a pair of Rogue Zeus amps to run the stat/mid panels. Then I was advised that more power would be necessary so I decided to stick with BAT, since a lot of my other equipment is BAT.

Now it seems like I have found an amp that offers the best of all worlds. High power to take hold of the massive Statements, sweet mids and highs for that tube-like quality (and a natural pairing with my BAT REX preamp) and finally, with a pair of monoblocks grabbing the bass towers, enough current to bottom feed like there's no limitation whatsoever.

The Spectron Musician III MK2 is now topping my list. 4 of them should drive these speakers to perfection but the real kicker is that if, after the break-in period, it turns out that I (and all of you) were off track then I can always return them.

Life is sweet!
4 Spectron mono blocks with a BAT Rex and ML Statements. That will be some system. I'll bet Simon at Spectron will will work very closely with you to get you exactly what you need.