Deciding between Yamaha or Marantz

Hello everyone, I need to get a new Pre and trying to decide between the Marantz AV8801 or the Yamaha CX-A5000. The Marantz is about a $1k more, is it worth it? Speakers are SF Liutos, Mac MC205 for power, thanks in advance.
kalbi23
Thanks for your suggestion, if I could find the AV8801 for $2300, I would get it.
I sold Marantz for a very long period. In the past I loved it a lot. But during time Marantz started to use less expensive parts in there sources and amps. This changed the sound i the lower price range Marantz works. They use quite small transformers in there amps. When you compare it to Onkyo they use more and better parts. So what is the difference between the Onkyo PR-SC5509 and the Marantz AV8801? The focus of instruments and voices is a lot sharper with the Onkyo. But the biggest difference is when you use a higher level of amps and speakers which also can give a wide and deep stage. The stage of the Onkyo PR-SC5509 is a lot wider and deeper when you compare it with the AV8801. Marantz is what we call a more 2-dimensional image. I am also a Audyssey installer. With Audyssey Pro and the Onkyo PR-SC5509 I beat many even stereo pre amps of 10.000 dollar. With the Marantz I cannot get the stunning 3 dimensioanl image of the Onkyo PR-SC5509. Yamaha is not of the same level of these both.
Hope this helps

http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=item&id=MARAV8801&gclid=CJyAoKveuboCFQto7Aod-iwA-w
Bo1972, thank you for response. I was thinking about the Onkyo as well, as it is in the same price range of the Yamaha. I will find a Onyko dealer and take a listen.
I owned the Pass Labs XP-20 for over 2 years of time. I have over 3 years of experience with Audyssey. With my way of measurement with Audyssey pro I beat my old XP-20 with my Pass Labs poweramp. The Onkyo PR-SC5509 with Audyssey pro is stunning. I have to admit that I measure totally different than Audyssey does. I use Audyssey Pro from a highend perspective. People with very expensive pre amps don't understand why an Onkyo beats there expensive stereo pre amp. Hearing is believing. Without Audyssey the Onkyo is not that special. With the Marantz the same thing. Audyssey is not an easy system to use.