Deciding between Yamaha or Marantz

Hello everyone, I need to get a new Pre and trying to decide between the Marantz AV8801 or the Yamaha CX-A5000. The Marantz is about a $1k more, is it worth it? Speakers are SF Liutos, Mac MC205 for power, thanks in advance.
kalbi23
I sold Arcam for over 8 years of time. It has a very musical sound, but does not give the level of depth and wide of the Onkyo and Integra. There is almost no depth. And there is no roomcorrection. With Audyssey Pro you can get a superior level in sound compared to any system without. Audyssey EQ and Dynamic Volume will give you a lot more resolution and dynamics when it is used precise.
I'm using the Arcam avr400 for about two years now and love it, works great with my Merlins vsm mme, very powerful at 90wpc and slams the bass.
The Arcam avr750 would be my next receiver if I can justify the extra power or convince myself that I needed which shouldn't be too difficult.
Love Arcam!
thanks
Here's a review of the Arcam avr750

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/arcam-fmj-avr750-review/16501/
I sold Arcam for over 8 years of time. I realy like the products they make. A few years ago I went to Arcam in England for a few days. Very nice people. But the level with an Onkyo TX-NR5010 with my own way of Audyssey Pr measurement is superior to an Arcam 750. The difference is that I can get a much more realistic sound with the 5010 with my measurement. The biggest difference is that I can build a very wide an deep stage with the 5010 and Pro. Also the resolution is at a much higher level. Without the measurement the level in timing with a subwoofer is of a much lower level. Without roomcorrection you Always will get more acoustic problems. The integration you can achieve with Audyssey pro is of another world. Without roomcorrection I would never have gone to use surround for myself. Audyssey did change my thinking about surround and also for subwoofers to use for stereo. Before this I was only interested in highend Audio for stereo use. I never thought that I could achieve the level which I had in my head for a long time. At the end it was possible. With Audyssey Pro and my way of measurement I got the stealth integration with my subwoofer.
With the 5010 I can get a very deep and wide stage. The stage of the 750 is so much smaller. These days I only focus and sell a 3 Dimensional sound. Most 2 dimensional products I only use to let my clients understand the difference in stage between them. It is very easy to make people understand why it is superior.