Audio Electronic Supply AES/Cary AE3 MkII preamp

Does anyone use this preamp? I heard it may not be all that good.
I have had the Super Amp MkII for quite a while and it is very very good. I feed it with the variable output of a Benchmark DAC or the variable out from the Oppo into it with superb results.
I am looking to add a preamp because Iwould like more inputs. The matching AE3 MkII preamp is at the top of my list.
128x128mjcmt
I had the AES AE-3 DJH + AES Sixpacs for a while and loved that combo. However, I've never heard the AE3 mk II.

You may want to give Kevin Deal a call at Upscale Audio and talk to him. He'll give you the scoop. That's where I ordered all my AES gear.
I owned the AE-3 DJH signature preamp and was thinking of upgrading to the MK II and Kevin Deal advised me that the DJH was still a superior preamp for purity. It's the best $1500 I ever spent on my system. However, it only has three inputs and one output. You did not indicate how many inputs you need. But if it's three or less, I would seriously consider the AE-3 DJH.
I have been using the MKII for awhile along with the Six Pacs and it's been a fairly good match. It has 3 inputs and two pairs of outputs. I've also heard terrific things about the DJH version. Tube rolling helps with either unit.
I was hoping to hear more from AES MkII owners. Maybe there aren't many.

I had the DJH version a few years back and the basic AES model too. The DJH was much better than the basic model. While it was very good, it was prone to hum in my system, because of its non cap-coupled output stage. I'm thinking the MkII version might be a better match to my very nice Super Amp MkII.

The DJH has a big output and matches the older AES amp designs better, which did not have a driver stage (just like the Cary non-R amps) the R versions as well as the MkII version has a more normal input sensativity.

The new Superamp 2 has a good input driver stage and is very senitive. I can be used with passive preamps too, and it works wonderfully w/ the variable outputs of sources and DACs. I thought the AES MkII preamp might be a better match to it.

Incidentally the Superamp MkII benifits from better feet and a good stand.

Does anyone have any feedback for me.
Thanks!