SS Amps that are NOT warm and euphonic ?

OK ... What sub $2000 ( new or used ) amps would be considered on the detailed, clear, and revealing side of things instead of warm and euphonic ? MUST be high current solid state with tight controlled bass.
timtim
Timtim,
I think I know what you are after.Most SS amps seem to be a bit warm and hazy.
A lot of the early SS amps were not like this though.Later on SS amps were criticised for sounding cold so manufacturers tended to then make them sound warmer[but probably less clear and detailed].
The old Phase Linear 400 sounds very clear,open, and neutral and will drive anything.
Metaxas amps are very clean and neutral.
Gainclone amps are also excellent in this regard-but are not happy driving inneficient or 4 ohm speakers.

If you want to hear REAL clarity and neutrality have a listen to an Almarro 318B tube amp!
Try the Krell KAV series, good bass and lots of detail. I had one a few years back and it sounded nothing like the older warmer (Krell Ksa-250) that I also had at the time...I prefer warmer.

The Kav 250 may be right up you alley?

Dave
wothout an adequate definition of warm or euphonic it is impossible to suggest an amp which is warm or euphonic. unfortunatly, there are many subjective impressions of both terms. in my estimation, there are no warm or euphonic solid state amps in current production. designers attempt to minimize coloration and produce as linear a product as possible, given a price point.