Cary 120s

I am looking at a few different used tube amps to "move up the food chain" from my dynaco st70.

I am interested in possibly a Cary rocket 88, but I am seeing several Cary 120s amps for very reasonable prices here on the 'gon.

For a nice amp with this kind of power there seems to be a large number of these offered constantly here.

Are people having issues with the 120s amps or am I just seeing a lot of people with "upgradeitus"?

Maybe I should also consider a used bat vk55 or vk60 instead.

Have any Cary 120s users had any problems with your amp?

Thanks Dave
dav65mus
I have had a Cary 120S amp running through a Cary SLP05 preamp for about a year now. At the onset, the pairing was good but not what I would call great. I tube rolled Genelex KT88's, Genelex KT77's and then found some NOS Mullard EL34's that really bested anything I had tried. Expensive but really took the system up a couple levels. I then added a Synergistic Research T3 power cord to the amp and a T2 to the preamp with immediately noticable improvements. Now this system does kick but..but sure had to outlay to get there.
5 years ago I visited their facility in NC where they have a nice listening room set up showing off there products.
It was interesting to note that all the Cary gear was connected using Kimber interconnects, speaker cable, and power cords, with no line conditioners. All the internal wiring used in there equipment is Kimber silver wire too.
I have been using basic Kimber cabling w/ outstanding results on my Cary and Audio Electronics equipment, and it was encouraging to know that Cary chooses Kimber too. You guys may consider Kimber Kabling as well.
Vlentudia, I see u letting go of the 120s. Wish I had the funds to buy it back.
How about Sonic Frontiers Power 2 or Power 1? I have had the power 3s for about 10 years.
Vlentudia or Anyone Who May Have the Experience:

Regarding your answer on comparing heat output from the Mac275, AES Six Pacs and 120s. I am interested to know if you heard all 3 amps and which sounded best. I'm considering one of these 3 on the used market. How about a Music Reference RM-9 MKII? Anyone know the difference in sound between a 120s and V12R? Thanks.