Bryston 7bsst vs 28bsst?

Just wondering if anyone has compared these directly? It seems from what I have read that the 28b's have a significant edge over the 7bsst's more than just more power. I have listened to the 7bsst's but not the 28's. If you do not necessarily need the extra power but have the money, is it still worth going with the 28's?

Thanks
camali
There are those who feel that you can never have too much power, especially with a maggie. At the CES, magnepan has used 4 7BSST in biamp mode, or one 28. They should know, and a big room would make it appropriate. The character is the same, but the dynamics are different, at least 3dB worth. jallen
Bryston does not list the 28B-SST output at 4 ohms. I wonder why?? For an amp that boasts 1,000 wpc @ 8 ohms, omitting the output at 4 ohms is a glaring omission and immediately sends up a red flag in my book. The 28B-SSt is two bridged monoblocs. Bryston does list the output of the 7B-SST at 4 ohms. My guess is that the 28 might have trouble with a 4 ohm load. I suggest you call Bryston before you pull the trigger on a 28B-SST and ask them how the amp will perform at 4 ohms.
Audiolui, I am confused by your statement. R u saying the 28B SST and 7B sound the same?
I have a pair of the 28 Squared mono's paired up with my MBL 101E speakers and they are a great match, no issue performing at 4 ohms.

Camali I sent you a email, did you receive.

28's are indeed special amps and I heard them in a system compared directly to the 7's and the only similarities were that they are both mono blocks and manufactured by the same company Bryston.