New amp being touted as among the best ever......

....possibly hyperbole but Hi-Fi News in the UK raving about the Diavlet D-Premier amplifer.

Apparently it has patented a new hybrid of Class A and Class D technology. It sounds very interesting, looks unique and would appear to be a must hear for those who are interested in high quality servers where apparently it excels-although I'd be interested to hear what it can do with any source.

Pretty expensive I believe at £12000 or approx $18000.

It looks very interesting and it's not every review you read where you really want to hear the thing.....

Here's their website, quite a lot of info on there if you browse about.
http://www.devialet.com/
ben_campbell
That does depend, I've heard tube amps that sounded amongst other things; "bright and 'shouty'." too.
Doesn't it all depend ... on ... lots of things, always?

It goes against my instincts and experience to assume though that there is only one way (tubes) to make tasty audio soup and do the harmonic balance plus all the rest well.

After all, we sent men to the moon years ago. Surely engineers know how to properly apply transistors in SS amplifiers by now as well, especially in the digital age (whoops I used the D word), for those who seek good sound via transistors and not tubes.
This is right up there with the DREI poster or whatever that was. Is something going on in Western Europe that they want to advertise all this crap on Audiogon Forums?

I checked out the link....one word: Absurd.
Doesn't it all depend ... on ... lots of things, always?

It goes against my instincts and experience to assume though that there is only one way (tubes) to make tasty audio soup and do the harmonic balance plus all the rest well.

After all, we sent men to the moon years ago. Surely engineers know how to properly apply transistors in SS amplifiers by now as well, especially in the digital age (whoops I used the D word), for those who seek good sound via transistors and not tubes.

Yes, you'd think, but guess what? There is not a lot of engineering talent being applied to the field right now. We've not been to the moon in a long time :)- back then they certainly *did not* know how...
ARC has been doing digital amps for years . There still not even close to there tube gear . Anyone think about putting a digital amp on the moon , good place for it .