Merrill VERITAS monoblock amplifiers

I'm about to purchase a pair. Just wondering if current owners are still thrilled with there's? It will be replacing reference Coda 15.0 amp. Any replies are much appreciated!
ptheo
Mattnshilp, several things.

1) If you have not done so already with the Ultra SS.
Make sure NOT to seat them against the bottom of the Veritas Amps. Leave a space the size of a playing card or so.
Make sure to unseat or crack the top hat of the Ultra SS about a half a turn or so.
If you do not do the above you will not get the best out of the Ultra SS.

2) Get better power cords if you have not done so. Ask Merrill about trying the new Waveform Power Cables. WOW for the money.

3) I owned the PS Audio PW/MKII at one time. Please let us know what you think of the new Direct Stream DAC.

Also I would love to hear your system some time and talk Audio if you are up to it. If so please PM.
Veritas and Horn Speakers. A match made in Heaven.

Who said Class D Amps and Horn Speakers do not go together.

I have heard the Veritas with these Horn Speakers.

Sadurni Acoustics Staccato horn speakers

http://sadurniacoustics.com/product.html

I had a chance to hear the two together in a dedicated treated room a few times and was blown away by what I heard.

I was never a big Horn Speaker guy. As good as Horn Speakers can sound there was always that horn sound that ruined it for me.

But these horn speakers do not seem to have that problem.

Of course they are not cheap but if they are in your price range (and you have the room for them) you owe it to yourself to hear them.

With the Veritas Amps the sound they produced was breathtaking.

With really great tube amps the sound was very good but the Veritas Amps allowed every bit of detail to be heard but without being harsh or dry sounding. The sound was not bright or spotlighted. The leading and trailing edges are spot on. All the harmonics right on. It was just so right in all aspects of sound reproduction.

Run, no, take a jet plane and hear this combo. But be ready to buy, because your are going to want this setup.

I know I would if I could swing it. Well, at least I have the Veritas Amps.

The Staccato Horns will be on display at Axpona 2014. Burton Room lower level. The VERITAS Monoblocks will be the driving the speakers in the large room, 26 x 18 x 9. Only high res, direct to tape recordings will be played.

There will also be listening sessions at 11am and 6pm using Master tapes from International Phonograph. These are direct to tape recordings and done superbly.
Heard this very combo at Axpona this past weekend. Was surprised to see not only SS driving horns, but, gads, class D?!? It sounded very, very good. One of my highlights of the show.
MES, Thank you very much for your nice comments and for visiting our room at Axpona.

We had a lot of great reviews and accolades from Stereophile, The Absolute Sound, ParttimeAudiophile and the gold award from AV Showrooms. We are proud and humbled at the same time. My favourite comment, if I may say so myself, is from Stereophile, "tube warmth in the best and most musical sense of the term" but they are Class D solid state.

You can see our website for all the collected reviews.
www.MerrillAudio.net