Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Wsin,
thanks for the tip. I'll, of course, try it both ways.
Warren,
I really think it will have been worth the wait. Of course I want Mick to take all the time he neebs to do a fine job.
Cheers,
Patrick
I place high value in the Audiogon discussion Forum, and when I see so much aclaim for Mick's Supratek preamps I find it hard to resist. So I didn't resist and have joined the group with an order for the Syrah.
This preamp will join the Air Tight ATM3 amps, which I hope will be a good fit. I sold the ARC Ref. 1 as it offered a bright sound with this combination.
Mick advises the wait is now 4 months for delivery!
---- Wating patiently----
Steve Noble
Noble110 - what speakers will you be using in your setup? I also own a "Air Tight" but mine is the ATM-2. I expect my "Chardonney" to arrive shortly since I just past the 3-month marker. The speakers I'm using are Kharma Ceramique 2.2, and I use a COPLAND CDA-289 HDCD player as my source.
Aloha Jewel,

I wouldn't expect your Chardonnay anytime soon. I ordered mine on Feb. 15 or 16 and I still haven't gotten mine. If you get yours before I do, I am going to be mighty pissed !

Aloha,

Warren
Jewel,
I have the Genesis 500. They are designed for tube speakers with built-in bass amps. They do sound great with the Air Tight amps.
I have not heard the Karma Ceramique, but they have great reviews.
So the wait for the Supratek continues!