Sanders Magtech Amp or Bryston 4B-SST2 4 Mags 3.6

Hi, looking to match a new amp with Mag 3.6 or 3.7 and I've heard about the Sanders but would like more feedback, especially comparing it to the Bryston or another amp you like under 5k (preferably less if used). System: AIFF files on Itunes Computer server -> DACPORT DAC via USB -> BYPASS FILTER AT 80 -> split less than 80 to JL Audio F112 Sub and over 80 to Bryston 4B-SST2 or other amp and on to Mag 3.6's (or 3.7's). No preamp in this system since volume is controlled by the cigar-sized Dacport which has worked great for me on other systems. Thanks. Laurence
ldworet
The maggies aren't electrostatics. I have sanders stats, amps and preamplifier and it is the best sound I could hope for, for the money I spent. If you have to have the maggies, I would jump on the magtech. Maggies do not play quietly. They need juice, which sanders amp has. And they need to play loud.

Good luck with whatever you do.
If you haven't already purchased speakers I can't recommend these Avalon Eclipse enough. An unassuming timeless two way, the most copied cabinetry out there and for a good reason. You'll never get tired of their appearance. They can be driven very nicely with a 75 watt tube amp.

Detail at any volume, sound staging to the hilt, and their biggest asset is their musical rightness. They work great in a traditional stereo setup and they're simply magical when brought a third of the way from the wall behind them with the listening position a third of the way from the back wall. Yes, it's an old design but it's one that flat out works.

I've suggested these to many people and none of them have traded them out. After years of buying and selling speakers I finally bit the bullet and bought some Eidolons and haven't looked back.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1299806391&/Avalon-Eclipse
Ldworet, I have heard the $13,000 total Sanders Audio system in this last CES. The dynamic woofer and the arch-less electrostats mate seamlessly and play very loud. I own a Sander Magtech amp but have not used it on electrostats.

I should also note that John Ulrick and Infinity only had two electrostatic speakers, the Servostatics and the partial electrostatic T-1000, I think it was called. I owned the Servostatics for several year. They were very troublesome. The Sanders are not.
LD,
I don't know where you live, but I didn't have to migrate all the way to LA for my panels.....I very nice, friendly place right here is San Diego was very helpful and easy to deal with.
I own a Sander Magtech amp but have not used it on electrostats.

That is good because the Magtech is actually designed for dynamic speakers not ESL's. Mr. Robert E. Greene of TAS used the Magtech during his review of the Kingsound Prince II speakers which is really a bit unfortunate when Sanders actually builds an amplifier dedicated for ESL speakers call the "ESL Amplifier".

I have listened to both the Magtech and ESL amps and both offer outstanding value. Back to the OP's question i would take the Sanders over the Bryston