Preamp modifications - who would you use?

I am looking for a company or individual who performs equipment modifications to take a look at a preamp I own and recommend (and implement) parts improvements and or modifications to squeeze out the last bit of sonic performance. I would like to talk with someone who is well regarded not only for the quality of their work but also for their customer service, and who has enough experience and expertise to assess each piece on an individual basis, and not simply apply the same bag of tricks to everything they touch. Based on things I have read, folks that come to mind are Kyle Takenaga at RAM, Bill Thalman at Music Technology, and Chris Johnson at Partsconnexion. I would be interested in other recommendations. Thanks.
mitch2
"01-13-10: Ejmac70
During the modified period, there was greater top-end sparkle; however, the unit also lost all of the musical characteristics for which one selects a Jadis product! To be clear, I do not recommend this option.”

I extracted the above from another thread because it exemplifies what I believe to be one of the greatest caution points of modifications: The achievement of a specific desired virtue at the expense of the subtle voicing of a component. I can almost assure you that some of the changes made involved upgrading parts.
I too believe Tvad is giving very good advice to consider. There is also the question of what happens should you ever need to send the unit back to the original manufacturer for any repair or work. What happens then to the modded parts and work?

Good luck,
Will
Consider Wayne of Bolder Cable Co. I've got him working on a DAC for me now and from my experience with other pieces he's modified he does great work.
Modifiers, like Dan Wright, who choose a component, study it and spend a good long time tinkering and testing, are a whole different story. Unless you choose a modifier who specializes in modifying your particular preamp, you’re unlikely to get that kind of analysis and testing.
That is a very good point Phaelon. In retrospect, it seems the most successful modifiers are either those like Dan Wright, Kyle Takenaga, and Steve Huntley, who spend considerable time developing their modifications and generally specialize in specific equipment, or the many others who modify/upgrade equipment they originally designed such as Steve McCormack, Jim White, Chris Johnson, Charles Hansen, and many others, including Kevin Halverson who has been outstanding in his support of existing customers upgrading to his latest models of digital equipment.

I have consulted with one of the individuals recommended above, who is looking at some detailed pictures of the preamp. Our understanding is that if something jumps out at him that he believes can be improved, we will discuss further. However, if that is not the case, I may just leave well enough alone (easy to say, hard to do after years of being a typical audiophle). I have been at this long enough to know that just because something is not as expensive as other products does not mean it cannot, or does not, sound as good. I also find it interesting that, as with other SS equipment such as the Tom Evans Vibe/Pulse I use to own, leaving the preamp on continuously for over a month now has had a positive effect on the sonics with perceptually greater extension, texture, and depth of stage.
I second "RHB Sound Dezign". Bob Modified a CJ pv8 for me and it sounds amazing. Bill Thallman upgraded an MV75A1 for me but did not actually modify it. He does amazing work also.