Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Funny from the first time I saw the spelling I saw it as Sarah and have pronounced and spelled it as Sar-ah since. Now it's Sear-a? Very nice tone to it, I like it.
While we're on the subject of wine, just in case everyone doesn't know already, Mick's top end preamp, the Grange is named after what is generally considered Australia's finest bottle of wine - The Penfolds Grange. I think the preamp is well named, because the Grange wine is unique, mysterious, lasts for decades and cannot easily be compared to another wine. It basically sets the standard, as I'm sure does the preamp. I have the Syrah right now, but in a year or two I'd consider taking the plunge and getting the Grange. If I do, I think I might treat myself to a bottle of Grange at the same time. I think they'd go well together :-) (Incidentally, if you do buy a bottle of Grange, get the 1998 vintage. It's rated 99 points by both Wine Specator and Wine Advocate - almost perfect - you'll have to dish out over $220 for a bottle though, if you can find it :-) Cheers,
Outlier.
(Life's too short to drink cheap wine!)
Tubegroover: phoenetics were never my strong suit: actually, Sear-ah would be better, with something done to the "ah" when pronounced that I don't know how to denote; not nesessarily accented on "ah", but open mouthed...oh well.

Outlier, I does know what'cha mean...although at $220 I'd rather opt for a Bordeaux. But 99 scored, if you trust Parker on the Aussies, ain't bad at $220, although sounds a bit young right now...Slurp, slurp.

Yes, I know, just one more outlandish, decadent hobby...
So it's about wines, I see and now I have a completely different perspective of where Mick might be coming from. Mick, could you or any other of the down under blotes (Steve?) chime in and clue us on what is a Syrah?
North of the equator we call it Shiraz.... speaking of THE Syrah, I listened to mine for two days - as others noted it sounded awesome straight out of the box. Better base and highs and generally more musical than the ARC LS8II which it replaced. Set up was very easy, I plugged the rectifier tube into the power supply, connected the power line from the power supply to the preamp and was ready to go.

Unfortunately, we are getting a heat wave here in the southwest...so I'm hesitant to run my tubes amps and preamp in this heat (no AC). Guess I'll have to enjoy its good looks until the hot spell ends.