Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
i have noticed on the web site that balanced outputs are an option on the syrah. but it mention the rest of the pre's in/out complement. can anyone comment? also has anyone heard the amp with the balanced outs?
I don't think its true balanced, meaning balanced from input to output within pre, but rather, just has balanced connectors to enable those with balanced systems to get a Supratek. To be honest, I think balanced was a bigger deal back when RCA dig cable connectors sounded like crap, or people needed anything just to help a Theta DAC out of its raspiness, or a SS Krell out of its, well, you know... With tubed systems, particularly hard-wired ones, RCA is perfectly fine. Of course, many have balanced CD hardware already when they arrive at a Supratek from SS/digital-based systems, so maybe, justifiably - economically justified - they need balanced pre inputs. But, on the whole, IMHO the whole balanced pre/amp thing may be past its prime...Not directed at you, audioobsessed, just throwing kindling on the fire. :0)
Audioobsessed - Supratek preamps have balanced and RCA outputs. But only RCA inputs. The preamp will drive a balanced poweramp but you'll be single-ended from the source. The preamp is a SET, I think only push-pull configurations can be balanced all the way through. Email Mick if you have questions.
Without reading all 620+ responses what amps have worked the best with the syrah pramp? Tube or SS? I am ordering a syrah and just wonder what some of you have been using.

Thanks
Bobheinatz, I don't think it matters what amp you use, tube or ss. The Supratek has more than enough gain and flexibility to be used with any amp. The amp/speaker match is more critical. The output impedance on the Syrah is 600 ohms.

I am using a Berning ZH270 with superb results but expect most of the Supratek owners will tell you the same.