Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
wow...and I thought that this thread was immense at it's 200th posting.

Well , my congratulations to slowhand for starting this one.

Gee, how many of us have come up with a brilliant idea for a thread and wound up with all of five responses....?

Not that there is much here, but it does keep on going...a bit like George W Bush's Presidency......
Hello Tom,

I am somewhat concerned about the bright side of sound and your insight supports what I'm thinking. This will be the reference to play with. I'm thinking I may have to make some changes to warm the sound a little. Inter-connects and speaker cables have me a little concerned at this time (I'm already planing the speaker change out from the Monitor Audio 3i).

What are your thoughts on the inter-connects and the speaker cables Tom?

Thank you very much!

Rodger
Jazzdude, we all await your report on your Cabernet, in particular relative to the Sauvignon. BTW, have you ever had the opportunity to listen to a Grange/Cabernet prior to your order?
Never listened to the Cabernet. From trading emails with Mick about the dif between the Sauvignon and Cabernet, and reading posts on AA regarding the DHT sound I believe that I have a good idea of how the Cabernet will sound. I think I will prefer the Cabernet over the Sauvignon in my system but I think that it will be a matter of preference and synergy as to which is better. I am expecting there to be some tradeoffs in sound between the two.

I will say that I believe that Mick has a certain kind of sound that he voices for. In other words Mick doesn't just engineer a good design and then just assemble top-shelf components. Mick has done a lot of experimenting with different designs, implementations, and components and he knows how each will affect the sound and which will get him to the sound he is looking for. Some of this is apparent from his webiste, the rest I gathered from trading emails with him and asking silly questions. So because I have confidence in how he voices his gear and because I already have one of his preamps, the decision to purchase another of his preamps was not a hard decision to make.