Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Stevem1960

Thanks for your comments on the Cabernet. My thoughts were that the new Cabernet/Grange might be significantly better than the older (Feb 2003) Cortese model that I have. I was wondering if the combination of moving one step up in model plus the upgrades that Mick made to Cabernet/Grange would make it a fairly significant upgrade. I feel that my system has become quite resolving, but that is an subjective opinion that is limited by my own experiences in hearing other systems.

I would be happy to hear your or anyone else's comments/suggestions on my system with ideas on best moves towards upgrading.

I am in the process of ordering a Teres 340 and so far I am thinking of starting with a Graham 2.2 arm. I am really new to vinyl and TT at this level (last experience was a Garrard back in the 70's) and have the idea that the Graham would be an excellent arm for the Teres and a bit easier to handle the set up and maintenance. I am still trying to figure out what the ideal cartridge might be. I realize that you have the Cabernet (line stage only) and therefore are probably not into vinyl, but I also would like to hear opinions from the experienced and articulate followers of this thread as well.

Here is my system as it sits now:

Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP CD player
Supratek Cortese Tubed pre-amp
Mark Levinson 23.5 200 watt amp
Sonus Faber Extrema Speakers
REL Stentor III Subwoofer

Ensemble Isolink Duo transformer (to EMC-1 & Cortese)
RS Audio RCA interconnects from EMC-1 to Cortese
Shunyata XLR Aries interconnects ortese to Amp
NBS Statement III Speaker Cables
2 - 20 AMP Romex dedicated power lines
5 - SHARK power cords
2 - WHALE SUPREME power cords

BMI Shark IPLC passive line conditioner

Silent Running VR series stands under Amp Isolink & EMC-1
Symposium Roller Blocks 2 sets placed under EMC-1
& Supratek pre-amp

Versalab Red Rollers RFI filters for interconnects
Versalab Wood Blocks RFI filters for power cords
Thanks Tom!

I definitely understand what you're saying now. The Audiopoints Mechanical grounding devices (component vibration influence reduction)and definitely on a common buss ground shared on a common ACV outlet. A dedicated 20Amp circuit (single circuit run direct from the home breaker panel with dedicated circuit breaker) would definitely be a good recommendation. I have an isolation transformer that I had planned to use for a dedicated clean power circuit (I have an electronics background). Now I'm considering a commercial product with some level of uninterruptable power (UPS) to provide clean power (filtered ACV with transient and surge protection) in line with a dedicated circuit. Cleaner ACV and better equipment protection combined. I on the clean power trail now...:-)

Thanks again Tom, things are coming together!
Bwhite I have never had the pleasure of listening to a Supratek preamp. And...? Tom