Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
found out last week that the tj101d has a ux-4 base, like the 300b. the we101d has a uv-4 base. the two bases do not fit the same socket. so right now, there is no way we101d will play in Mick's cabernet/grange. something to consider.

yamamoto makes a special teflon socket which has 8 holes instead of 4 and will support both uv-4 and ux-4 bases.
Hi Joe (Jphii)
We are in a similar but reversed situation. I have a Supratek Cortese (line & phono stage) pre-amp and have ordered a Teres 340 table that should show up in late May/June. You are going to love the Syrah.

Tube choices have a huge effect on maximizing the sound. I would be happy to share my experiences with you. You can email me directly if you like.
Larry
Hey Ecclectique, could you tell me if there is any difference in sound between the WE350b and the NU350b?.
Thanks!.
In my opinion, deHavilland Ultraverve preamp is also considered a killer at the retail price of USD$2500.00 with lush sound and dynamic. I will also definitely suggest any custom made preamp with "true zero-feedback" (I mean real true zero feedback) is the best preamp with a reasonable price but it is still a killer preamp.