Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi,

I've been reading this thread on and off for a while now and am considering taking the leap to a Chardonnay preamp. Currently, my system comprises: Anthem CD1 (with a single 6922), Blue Circle BC21.1 tube preamp (pair of 6922's), Blue Circle BC22 MKII amp (ss, 125 wpc), Rune speakers by Zu, mostly Zu cabling and Blue Cricle MR1200 balanced power conditioner. Music is mostly jazz, with some rock, pop and classical thrown in at times for further variety.

The speakers are essentially a single driver design, with a super tweeter taking over at 15kHz, rated at 100dB sensitivity. The power provided by the amp is probably overkill, but it seems to be a good match. I'm fairly pleased with the BC21.1, although at times I find the tube noise to be a little distracting. So my main concern in going with another tube preamp has to do with the distortion/noise of the Chardonnay/Chenin? My apologies if I missed this topic somewhere earlier in the thread.

Thanks in advance for any advice and comments.

Max
Luckily Supratek has been "chosen" as one of Audiogon's Showcase Dealers (surprise suprise). To the victors go the spoils. Or perhaps the opposite in this case. Any idiot knows the internet is an inherently superior medium of the written word and therefore not succeptible to the rigors of peer review or accountability. And the savy know better and cash in. To what century does this thread apply anyway?
Amandarae, I used the GEC KT66's and thought they were good, but the all metal 6L6s were better and the WE 350B's are by far the best.

I could have lived with the GEC's had I not tried the metal 6L6s or the 350Bs. Its been a while, but as I recall the tonality wasn't dead-on. But they beat the heck out of the stock tubes.
Khrys, it seems you are still determined to trash this thread. Have you owned a Supratek? Why are you so critical?

If I recall, you apologized once in this thread already for being a pain in *&^ @#% after offending some people. And here you go again. If you don't have anything constructive to say or have no real interest in a Supratek product, why continually jump in here just to stir crap up!

Khrys,

You may not know a thing about Supratek gear, but at least you have me convinced that you are an absolute authority on what idiots know.