Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Mick,
Thanks for weighing in and putting rumor to rest. Just keep doing what you do. I am more than confident that you'll never sacrifice quality over quantity. The wait for one of your world class preamps may seem painful, it soon recedes into the distance when the tubes light for the first time and music pours out from the blackness. From a happy Chenin owner.
Thanks Mick,
a straight, erudite answer, warts and all.
I know a couple of Granges are only going due to the search for the Holy (& bloody expensive) grail.
I only hope at somestage I can upgrade from my Syrah to one of your dearer models.
Can't imagine how they could sound better but love to find out !
I didn't/couldn't wait, bought a second hand one and Mick talked me through the conversion to 240V - HOW MANY COMPANIES WOULD DO THAT??? Sorry for the shouting .
On a different note if amps were judged purely on looking beautiful, what even comes close !

Rgds Si
I would like to take a moment to apologize and clear any misconceptions I caused earlier this month with a classified ad I posted here on Audiogon. In it, in an amateur attempt at marketing, I surmised that with Supratek taking on investors and growing as a company, that Mick Maloney may not be solely responsible for the products that are built in the future. This is not the case, and I humbly apologize for any "angst" I may have caused.

Plus, I would like to make an unsolicited testimonial, after a month of break-in, my Cabernet has transformed into an unbelievable sounding preamp. I now know what all have been saying for years, these preamps are magic. I have removed my classified, and plan on enjoying this piece for a long, long time.

After having owned, McIntosh, Conrad Johnson, Lamm reference and more, (all wonderful sounding gear) I can say that the Cabernet is clearly the finest sounding line stage I have ever heard.

-Larry
Hey Larry. Your post is a class act, no apology needed IMO. Great to hear your supratek is starting to come around. It gets even better after a few hundred hours of run-in.