Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks Mick,
a straight, erudite answer, warts and all.
I know a couple of Granges are only going due to the search for the Holy (& bloody expensive) grail.
I only hope at somestage I can upgrade from my Syrah to one of your dearer models.
Can't imagine how they could sound better but love to find out !
I didn't/couldn't wait, bought a second hand one and Mick talked me through the conversion to 240V - HOW MANY COMPANIES WOULD DO THAT??? Sorry for the shouting .
On a different note if amps were judged purely on looking beautiful, what even comes close !

Rgds Si
I would like to take a moment to apologize and clear any misconceptions I caused earlier this month with a classified ad I posted here on Audiogon. In it, in an amateur attempt at marketing, I surmised that with Supratek taking on investors and growing as a company, that Mick Maloney may not be solely responsible for the products that are built in the future. This is not the case, and I humbly apologize for any "angst" I may have caused.

Plus, I would like to make an unsolicited testimonial, after a month of break-in, my Cabernet has transformed into an unbelievable sounding preamp. I now know what all have been saying for years, these preamps are magic. I have removed my classified, and plan on enjoying this piece for a long, long time.

After having owned, McIntosh, Conrad Johnson, Lamm reference and more, (all wonderful sounding gear) I can say that the Cabernet is clearly the finest sounding line stage I have ever heard.

-Larry
Hey Larry. Your post is a class act, no apology needed IMO. Great to hear your supratek is starting to come around. It gets even better after a few hundred hours of run-in.