Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I got a pair of Sovtec KT66 and tried them in my Chardonnay.
They made a big improvement in the soundstage, they just opened it up wide. They are really nice, looks great also.
Hello,
I have carried out interesting test:

I have connected with Cardas Golden reference XLR cable my Clayton M100 monoblocks and AudioAreo Capitole MKII CD and listen for a while. Pretty lifeless no glitter at all.

Less audio gear in the chain should be better is it not!

Later I have connected Clayton and AA Cap with Silversmith Silver and Audiomagic Excalibur II RCA cables to Supratek Chenin.

What a difference better dynamic better harmonics, music was back.

I did such test 2 years ago with stock tubes and outcome was not that clear.

But know with NOS tubes there is huge difference even in my very bad room.

regards
Slawomir
i just sent in my deposit for a pair of malbec monoblocks. mick said there's been a lot of interest so i have no idea how long it will be before they're delivered. i made it 8 months waiting for my chardonnay so i've learned how the be patient. i can't wait to hear these amps and how well they'll likely synergize with the chardonnay. naturally i'll post any and all impressions once i receive them. has anybody else pulled the trigger on the malbecs yet?
Kgturner,Congrats!How much is a pair?Hope your wait is not too long!I will be looking forward to your impressions when you recieve the Malbecs !!!They sure sound interesting!Ray