Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hey Doc,I too am hoping my Chardonnay and the Malbecs are a special combo!Right now im using a CJ MF2500A which at 240 wpc ,is too much power for my Caravelles ,it does sound very good!,plus the fact that my ACI Force is handling low bass ,,and i dont listen as loud as i did even a year ago,i think the Malbecs 50 watts should do the job.The fact that i start a new job in Boca Raton and will be quite busy should make the wait much easier,,,,,Ray
WOW guys, looks like I need to get on the stick and order a pair of Melbacs. My problem is I don't know if I could part with my Berning ZH270. I really love that amp.

PS: Glad I ordered my Cortese in the black top, save me $1000 when ordering the amps!

Ray, congrats on ordering your Melbacs!
Slowhand ,Thankyou!I am very happy that Mick came up with the Malbec monos,otherwise i would not have been able to afford a Supratek poweramp! Mick has all the bases covered!Your system must sound great with the Grange ,Berning combo! The_ chops,Have you spoke to Mick about preamps yet? Ray
Ray, I run stats so the extra power of the Monduese is needed. Needless to say I am excited about these amps. Slowhand, I also went with the black Grange. I am now very happy I did. I had been looking into the Berning and Walcott amps for my stats but when I found out Mick had something in the design stage I waited.
I hope the wait really pays off.
Yea! Ray,
It seems as though Mick can help me out. I got on his web-site & checked all of his web-pages out & wow !! This sounds like the ticket for me. Here's what he had to say:

Mike
Can do 3 outputs and 3 inputs, including a phono built in, and tape in/out , which is effectively 4 inputs.
The headphone out jack is extra $50 which makes total of $2950 for Chenin preamp

Cheers
MickM
===========================================================
Hi! Mick,
Thanks for getting back to me so quick... I liked what I read & saw on your web-site. I need some time to round up the funds $$$$$ to pay you. I'm a fully~disabled railroad worker, & I live on a fixed income...

The four inputs & three outs should do the trick + I definatley will need the Head jack output too.

I shall get back to you in time. You have a very nice looking audio web-site, & I am very interested in obtaining one of these pre-amps.
(Question): would a piano black pre-amp, cost more than in the wood ???

Mike
Unfortunately the answer is yes- there's a lot of work in the piano black. It's extra $150.

MickM

Thanks to you guys here on the audiogon, i may have a serious sounding pre-amp.

The_chops