Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Slowhand ,Thankyou!I am very happy that Mick came up with the Malbec monos,otherwise i would not have been able to afford a Supratek poweramp! Mick has all the bases covered!Your system must sound great with the Grange ,Berning combo! The_ chops,Have you spoke to Mick about preamps yet? Ray
Ray, I run stats so the extra power of the Monduese is needed. Needless to say I am excited about these amps. Slowhand, I also went with the black Grange. I am now very happy I did. I had been looking into the Berning and Walcott amps for my stats but when I found out Mick had something in the design stage I waited.
I hope the wait really pays off.
Yea! Ray,
It seems as though Mick can help me out. I got on his web-site & checked all of his web-pages out & wow !! This sounds like the ticket for me. Here's what he had to say:

Mike
Can do 3 outputs and 3 inputs, including a phono built in, and tape in/out , which is effectively 4 inputs.
The headphone out jack is extra $50 which makes total of $2950 for Chenin preamp

Cheers
MickM
===========================================================
Hi! Mick,
Thanks for getting back to me so quick... I liked what I read & saw on your web-site. I need some time to round up the funds $$$$$ to pay you. I'm a fully~disabled railroad worker, & I live on a fixed income...

The four inputs & three outs should do the trick + I definatley will need the Head jack output too.

I shall get back to you in time. You have a very nice looking audio web-site, & I am very interested in obtaining one of these pre-amps.
(Question): would a piano black pre-amp, cost more than in the wood ???

Mike
Unfortunately the answer is yes- there's a lot of work in the piano black. It's extra $150.

MickM

Thanks to you guys here on the audiogon, i may have a serious sounding pre-amp.

The_chops
I wish I did have the money for a Grange. You guys must have read my post wrong. I have the Cortese with sheoak and black top. I am hoping it won't take near as long for you guys to get your amps with Mick's new partnership. I have heard that some people have received their preamps in about 2 months instead of 10 or 11 months. The only thing that may hold things up is that Mick may not be ready to produce the 50 Melbac yet. Last time I spoke with him, he told me the 100 watter was ready, but still more to do on the 50 watter. Oh well, we know by now that the wait is well worth it.
Hello Tom,Sorry about that,,i must start using my glasses!!!! Im hoping the wait will not be too long,but more than that i hope 50 watts will be enough!I am pretty sure it will be!I am so looking forward to hearing the Chardonnay,Malbec combo!!!!Also thanks for starting this thread,,otherwise many of us might not have taken the time to learn about Supratek!And thank you to Mick for keeping his prices so reasonable,,im sure he could ask much more and get it!