KT120 transformer failures

I know about the warning regarding the KT120 filament current draw posing a possible issue with some amps, but my question is: has anyone actually experienced this issue in a modern amp?
wolf_garcia
Run the CL120 half power with 4 kt120 each mono block and you can have your kt120s.
Prices being equal. Would it be better to have tubes custom matched by TC Tubes or cryogenically treated by Cryoset? I saw both for about $200/quad. Factory platinum matched was about $25 less. I don't think either process would affect how the tubes work with the transformers of an amp.
I wondered the same thing, but went with a standard factory matched quad without "cryo" treatment just to be cheaper...and now I'll never know! Supposedly the fact that you bias each tube individually makes it less important to have them so carefully matched (according to the manual), but I'm no expert. I did read more about the "cryo" treatment later though and it seems interesting. My amp is still sounding fine, and better actually...KT120 tube break in? Maybe get a custom matched set of KT120s and send 'em out for cryo treatment someplace...your local college science lab might do it for free!
What's with all the posts about TCtubes all of a sudden everywhere on every thread that has to do with tubes?