Best tubed full-function preamp with remote

Until a few days ago I was a happy user of a McIntosh C220 mainly due to its switching capabilities and its unobtrusiveness (I am extremely sensitive to sibilance). Recently I bought an Audible Illusion Modulus 3B for my secondary system and it bettered my McIntosh significantly. More colours, more dynamics more life-like presentation and still no sibilance.

Because of use in a home theatre setting I need a remote (minimally with volume control). So what I now need is a full function (MC-able) tubed preamp with remote. Models that come to mind are ModWright LS100, Ear 868, Aethetix Janus, McIntosh 2300, Hovland 200 other?? I would prefer a one box design and 2nd hand price not more than 4200.00.- $.

Analog front end: VPI Super Scoutmaster with a Denon 103R; Digital front ends: OPPO 95 with Modwright tube modification and PC with JRIVER and Wyred-4-Sound Dac2. Speakers are Gallo Ref 3.5 driven by a Cayin 9021, V211 based SET amp plus a Gallo subamp.

Any opinions or options that I missed????
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xhanshhh
First thing - and by necessity - I decide to wait a while (onhwy61) as the buyer that I had for the McIntosh withdrew when he realized that I had no screws in the cover due to tube rolling activity. Currently the safest bet would be Modwright as I am very impressed with the tube modified OPPO that I own. Excellent sound and excellent workmanship. I have not heard sofar anything about the quality of the optional phono section. Any opinions or expereiences there?

I put Atma-Sphere and VAC on the shopping list and I am investigating now. With Atma-Sphere I would have to change all inteconnects as I currently use home made silver wire VACUUMSTATE RCA connects except for the phono that is a Nordost Heimdal. I guess the silver wires could be resoldered

Thanks for responses.
Hanshhh, FWIW the Atma-Sphere preamps can be optionally set up with single-ended inputs and outputs. They are not built that way initially to try to encourage the user to set things up right- balanced cables done right do sound better than single ended for a variety of reasons.
Atma-Sphere is bullet proof as well. Havent heard phono section but i know some audiophiles who bought their preamp just for the phono section.
I've had an MP-1 w/phono for a few years now and would recommend it to anyone seeking the "best" in a tube preamp.

Heard it a while back with a friend's single ended Coincident Frankenstein monos and the combo was sensational.
I see that Atma-Sphere gets a lot of support here thanks for suggestion. I will try to get an audition.