Mastersound Compact 845 with Pvsane 845T

I own a Mastersound Compact 845 and Mastersound PH5 Pre Amp and orderd two Pvsane 845 T Valves.I was advised by the valve supplier that they would work ok as they were the top of 845 range of valves.I was then advised by my dealer that a mod had to be done to the Cathode Resistor on the Compact 845 to take account of the voltage increase.Otherwise the uit could in the future fail.Any body out there using the 845 T in the compact without modification to the resistor should be aware of this .Any comments welcome
patal
I agree with everything that Phil wrote especially about new caps. I recapped my 845 amp with both teflon V-Caps which once broken in, offer the amp more speed and transparency. I also tried Mundorf M-CAP Supreme Silver / Gold & Oil caps which offer a very organic rich sound without sacrificing transparency. Two different excellent sounding caps, but in the end I kept the Mundorfs.
Hi Patal, let us know how you get on because I too have a Compact 845 from Jordan, so will be very interest in the outcome

Jonathan.
Hi Jonathan,
Will do .The amp is curremtly back in Scotland with Jordan for repair and I have asked the dealer to ask his tech over there for his opinion in regard to modifying the resister.This was asked prior to recieving the excelent e mail from Phil.Mastersound are still of the opinion that the modification is required.However they cant offer much more advice as they insist on seeing the 845T valve to test/check it.
The general feedback seems to favour the 845B.
Regardless will gladly let you know the outcome.
Regards
Alan (Patal)
Hi Jonathan ,
The amp is now back and running with the 845Ts and sounds great.The tech thoroughly checked it out and put it on test for over a day with the 845Ts and advised it ran fine with no problems.Have not tried the 845Bs but the 845Ts sound fantastic and they are nowhere near burned in.
I also bought a DAC from a company called Black Lion in Chicago called the Sparrow (White)this lifted the system to new frontiers totally.More than pleased.
Kind Regards
Patal