Art Audio Carissa Signature 845 or 300 b amp?

I just tuned up my Jadis with the help of Trelja and Mechans. It sound great. In fact I prefer it over my 845 amp which I fell in love with.

A short time ago,I visited a friend to listen to his 300b system. It sounded extremely good.

My question is for anyone who has experience with the sound of the Art Audio or any other top shelf 845 amp and a good value, used 300b amp in the $4000 range?

My question is vague, but it will help mein making up my mind on what to do with my systems next.
128x128mattzack2
Almarg makes a very good point.Mattzack2, as much as I admire my SET amplifier it`s not the 'ideal' choice for your Dali speaker. Al is right the Frankenstein does`nt have a 4 ohm transformer tap(8 and 16 ohms).The Frankenstein has an exceptionally stout power supply and premium over speced transformers. It`s asking a lot for this amp to drivr that speaker load and expect the best from the amp(or speaker) under these circumstances.

I agreed that the VAC REN amps are better suited for this Dali speaker and IMO would sound wonderful.As I mention in an earlier post amplifier-speaker matching is the key factor. To be clear I`ve driven 4 ohm speakers with my amp and it was a very good sound.I just believe the 300b push-pull VAC would handle lower loads even better yet(particularly with the lower sensitivity).

Mattzack2 if your speaker were more sensitive and had a higher ohms load I`d strongly recommend the Coincident Frankenstein without hesitation. For example my speaker is 94 db and has a 14 ohm load. the amplifier has complete control of this speaker and it just sings.
Regards,
Charles,
Agree with those who stated that 300B SET is for efficient speakers, not for the Dali. But I would not get a 300B push-pull amp. Use the Jadis, or acquire efficient speakers that will mate well with a 300B SET.
Get a push-pull canary 300B amp.
It has 4 ohm taps. I have had (and still have) the Canary CA339 and at one time also owned the VAC Ren 30/30 MkIII.
The Canary was decidedly a better amp and, thus, the keeper, with my Joseph Audio Rm25si MkII speakers.
Jburidan,
A high quality 300b PP amplifier such as VAC,Canary,NAF etc. would be fine with this speaker I believe. If they better the Jadis is a matter of personal choice.I`ve heard the VAC REN amps and like them very much (they have exceptional power supplies and transformers).
Regards,
Mattzack2: I run a Jadis Defy 7 and also a Jota HC which is based on the 300BXLS tubes. The Jota puts out about 23 watts. It is a single ended design with a lot of the 300b SE magic. I think you should be able to score one for around $4,000. And it should drive your speakers I should think. The Defy 7 is 100 watts and I don't see a big difference in power performance when I switch back and forth.
Regards,
Capeman