The Best Compliment You've Gotten On Your Rig?

My brother-in-law entered my home as jazz was playing on my system. After about three songs, the announcer came on and started to speak..and my brother-in-law looked at me with amazement.."that was the radio??!!

He could not believe he was listening to a radio station. It was my killer Sansui TU-X1 tuner doing its thing. Best compliment I could ever receive. My bro-in-law is not an audiophile.
128x128mitch4t
Many people make no comment which I interpret as them wondering how much money I wasted on this junk. One friend looked at the speakers and gasped and said "They are huge!". Then she proceeded to draw parallels with the connection between large cars and parts of the anatomy, and took great delight in estimating that I would probably rank last place in the city.
Usual comment I get is how "clear" it sounds, and questions about the location of the rear speakers.
The best comment came from a friend who brought his jazz CD over. We put it on and he went unusually quiet for a few minutes and then said "wow, this really brings the music to life". Another was hunting around for the right word to describe the sound and then said "magical".
By contrast, my father's elderly friend took a glance at my high end set up which includes mono blocks, pre-amp, exotic cables etc...and said: "That sounds alright. Is it a Samsung?". I said "yes", and he seemed quite satisfied. On his way out he told me he still thinks that Sony sounds better.
great thread... for me, this is a 3 way tie.. even though I have never owned a truly elite system, there are still some great memories..

1) many years ago I was playing a classical piano recording using my B&W DM7's with some very nice cartridge and my friend Joe thought my brother was playing piano in the next room.

2) my 33 year old son now considers 70's vintage Genesis, Yes, ELP. etc.. his music.

3) My current girlfriend, who is Chinese (I live in Dongguan..she calls the stereo room my "song room") said to me something to the effect "nie booyanda" (translates like "you are different") while she was watching me using nylon wire-ties to fix a panel of acoustic foam while mounting it to a frame from one of those temporary clothing closets/storage racks to use as a rear diffusion panel behind the speakers..
Fun thread!
My Prima Luna usually gets a lot of comments because of the way it looks and the Joseph Audio have been getting a lot of "wow, great sound coming from those bookshelf speakers!"
I had an audiophile friend give my rig a listen and he said, "I've never heard a rig sound so coherent."