The Best Compliment You've Gotten On Your Rig?

My brother-in-law entered my home as jazz was playing on my system. After about three songs, the announcer came on and started to speak..and my brother-in-law looked at me with amazement.."that was the radio??!!

He could not believe he was listening to a radio station. It was my killer Sansui TU-X1 tuner doing its thing. Best compliment I could ever receive. My bro-in-law is not an audiophile.
128x128mitch4t
great thread... for me, this is a 3 way tie.. even though I have never owned a truly elite system, there are still some great memories..

1) many years ago I was playing a classical piano recording using my B&W DM7's with some very nice cartridge and my friend Joe thought my brother was playing piano in the next room.

2) my 33 year old son now considers 70's vintage Genesis, Yes, ELP. etc.. his music.

3) My current girlfriend, who is Chinese (I live in Dongguan..she calls the stereo room my "song room") said to me something to the effect "nie booyanda" (translates like "you are different") while she was watching me using nylon wire-ties to fix a panel of acoustic foam while mounting it to a frame from one of those temporary clothing closets/storage racks to use as a rear diffusion panel behind the speakers..
Fun thread!
My Prima Luna usually gets a lot of comments because of the way it looks and the Joseph Audio have been getting a lot of "wow, great sound coming from those bookshelf speakers!"
I had an audiophile friend give my rig a listen and he said, "I've never heard a rig sound so coherent."
"That sounds alright. Is it a Samsung?". I said "yes", and he seemed quite satisfied. On his way out he told me he still thinks that Sony sounds better.
Hilarious!
An anecdote:
My friend is a lifelong audiophile who has committed a great deal of time, effort and money (close to six figures) in building his system. I’ve never met anyone more proud of an effort. And so it was that he was beyond thrilled when he called to tell me that a professional reviewer was to be his guest that evening. I called him at work the next day to ask how it went. He was absolutely crushed. Apparently, after only about 5 minutes of listening, and without comment, the reviewer asked, very matter of factly, if they could just watch TV.