Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Mabil555, I just read all your earlier posts and found the answer to my question.
Chelvam, I've seen photos of the insides of 2 Suprateks (one photo is in a 6moons review). In both, the filter caps in the power supply were not secured by any hardware, instead were simply glued to the inside of the unit. This is a Bad Idea even if you are doing a DIY project. One drop in shipment (or otherwise) and you have a shock and fire hazard situation.
I am not aware of any of the parts coming loose from any inmates that own Supratek. Opened mine up to upgrade some caps and all was intact. The caps I replaced should not have come loose in shipping unless the unit was really banged around meaning probably damaged. It took some effort to remove the glued caps. I don't see them coming loose. If you were to buy one used as it looks like not to many are being made now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to open up the bottom and make sure everything is tight. I used "goop" to glue in the new caps. They are not going to move with this stuff! It appears that Supratek is still up and running on a smaller scale. Good to know. Love my preamp.
I too used Goop to secure my Solen PP filter caps when I replaced the electrolytics in my Chenin, but I also made a steel bracket that I screwed into the wooden side of the unit just in case. Do I think the Goop will come loose? No, but a little extra safety doesn't hurt.
One of my Syrah's phono battery holders was glued, and had come loose. Thankfully it was just the battery case and not a power supply cap...