Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I am not aware of any of the parts coming loose from any inmates that own Supratek. Opened mine up to upgrade some caps and all was intact. The caps I replaced should not have come loose in shipping unless the unit was really banged around meaning probably damaged. It took some effort to remove the glued caps. I don't see them coming loose. If you were to buy one used as it looks like not to many are being made now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to open up the bottom and make sure everything is tight. I used "goop" to glue in the new caps. They are not going to move with this stuff! It appears that Supratek is still up and running on a smaller scale. Good to know. Love my preamp.
I too used Goop to secure my Solen PP filter caps when I replaced the electrolytics in my Chenin, but I also made a steel bracket that I screwed into the wooden side of the unit just in case. Do I think the Goop will come loose? No, but a little extra safety doesn't hurt.
One of my Syrah's phono battery holders was glued, and had come loose. Thankfully it was just the battery case and not a power supply cap...
It sounds like the original glue used is pretty strong. The concern I would have as a manufacturer would be what happens a few years down the road? The glue is aging, and also subjected to heating cycles. You know that it will degrade in due time. It is guaranteed that no matter how good the preamp sounds, if it is found responsible for a heart attack due to shock or burning someone's house down, the brand loyalty will mean nothing during the lawsuit.
It always amazes me, when somebody like Ralph (Atmasphere), who makes amplifiers for a living, makes a statement regard. proper building technics, in this particular case about why one should NOT use glue to secure parts to the chassis, there always be the other guy, with no professional experience of building anything, who would argue the opposite point, and will support his argument with a ridiculous and irrelevant statement, like " I do it all the time (use glue), and haven't had problems yet".
Puts other opinions of that same guy into a certain perspective, doesn't it?