Is it too much to ask....

...that sellers of power amps and integrated amps list the power rating per channel? I looked at 40 or 50 amps today and omly 3 of them listed the power specs. After all, isn't the *most* inmportant spec. how much the amp delivers?

C'mon folks, get a clue!!!

-RW-
rlwainwright
"They (specs/numbers) may be of some use when trying to integrate a system though, matching impedences and efficiency requirements, etc."

Exactly! That's why some numbers are important!

A seller that knows which ones matter most impresses me and establishes credibility that helps with all the rest.

You know the more "murky" stuff that might help actually distinguish a product from its numerical peers or just be a lot of BS.
If I am interested in a product and the seller doesn't
provide even the most basic specs or worse, list a product and not say if it is an amp, pre, speaker, etc then I will not buy from them. If the pictures show a lot of dust (are you that lazy that you can't even bother to make the piece you are selling look saleable?), stuff piled on top of it or no pictures and the seller refuses to send pictures then I won't buy from that person. If the seller or buyer doesn't have any feedback then again, I won't do business with that person unless I am selling the item and I get paid via Paypal first.

Lately, there seems to be a lot of jerks selling and buying in the classifieds. And yes, I look at the ads every day and even if I am not looking to buy something, if something catches my eye I may buy the item provided my minimum criteria has been met.

There seems to be a lot of arrogance here as of late and IMHO our hobby can do without it. I always list the minimum specs, take nice pictures, the item looks clean, and I always make a sale within the first week. As a matter of fact, I have listed stuff I thought would never, ever sell but amazingly it does and I am sure it is because the ads look good and the price is right.

There was a guy selling an Audible Illusions Modulus 3A preamp here a couple of months ago and he had the list price of 3,895.00!!! I politely sent him a message saying that price was for the much newer Modulus3B and that the 3A sold for at least a grand less and he told me to go f#%$k myself. So much for honest sellers.
I like ads which list: "Superbugle KX-344" for sale
No description, not even what the hell it is...
I laugh...
Who cares...

Anyway:
Please, if I list an amp and no watts per channel. just skip my ad. Do me a favor.
My last for sale amp I sold to a poster over on A.A. who was asking about an amp. I offered mine via email and yes I sold it to her. She is still happy with it. And I am glad too. Never had to post an ad anyway..
And thus I never had to deal with some whiny idiot. LOL.
I sell for a living. Anything I can do to "speed up" the sale, is money in my pocket. Why? Because time is money!
If that means posting more info than what is necessary for the sophisticated buyer, but holds the hand of the one who needs it - so be it. As long as I don't misrepresent the product to offend the knowledgeable buyer, the sophisticated buyer shouldn't care. The one who wants the info will appreciate the posted specs. In todays economy, it's a buyers's market and more effort is required on behalf of the seller. It would be interesting to know the time of the sales cycle for those that disagree.
I wonder how many here knew the specs of their gear before walking in to buy it and how many knew walking out the door.