Can You Get 1,000 WPC Out Of Regular Wall Socket?

I see the new Emotiva (100 lbs) and Boulder (450 lbs!!) 1,000 WPC monoblocs require a dedicated 20 amp circuit per monobloc.

I recently read where someone had his Krell 750mcx monobocs changed from 110 to 220 because he said they sounded better.

Well, the D-sonic digital amp weighs 20 pounds and is rated at 1500 WPC. Can an amp pull 1500 WPC from a regular household wall socket?
128x128mitch4t
Bruce (Bifwynne), note that the OP's listening room is a HUGE loft. Also, keep in mind the rule of thumb that for the volume level to be subjectively perceived as "twice as loud," ten times as much power is required. So 1500W would be subjectively perceived as only "twice as loud" as 150W.

Best regards,
-- Al
Just be sure to not touch the outputs of these monster output amps when they are doing their thing.... :^)
Another way to look at it: think about the power/energy that goes INTO making music, be it acoustic, electronic, symphonic, big band, rock, rap, jazz, whatever. Then it becomes clear why one might want a lot of it similarly to play back a recording, especially for certain types of music.
I own the notoriously inefficient Infinity Kappa 9 speakers. They are known for bringing amplifiers to their knees. They need to be biamped to be their best. It takes a lot of power to wake them up. I'm thinking of throwing one or two pairs of the D-Sonic 1500 wpc monoblocs at them.
Mitch,

I for one would be interested to hear how they fare compared to your big Pass amps with those speakers.

Have you ever tried any other Class D amps with those?

thanks.