Can You Get 1,000 WPC Out Of Regular Wall Socket?

I see the new Emotiva (100 lbs) and Boulder (450 lbs!!) 1,000 WPC monoblocs require a dedicated 20 amp circuit per monobloc.

I recently read where someone had his Krell 750mcx monobocs changed from 110 to 220 because he said they sounded better.

Well, the D-sonic digital amp weighs 20 pounds and is rated at 1500 WPC. Can an amp pull 1500 WPC from a regular household wall socket?
128x128mitch4t
I doubt power ratings for any switching amp is "sustained", but not sure exactly how to quantify it. Al could probably do it better or maybe agoner Kijanki if he is out there (both excellent EEs).

I have heard mixed reviews with Class D amps on very difficult load speakers like the Infinity's seem to be. The devil would be in the details I suppose. My OHMs are not easy, but I suspect not as difficult either. I might go out on a limb though and say that if the Carver amps can handle it, a good Class D design with a good power supply design (not stock Icepower for example) probably would do fairly well. Again, devil in the details.

I had a 360 w/ch Carver m4.0t amp for years before recent upgrades, two amps ago, running older, larger Maggies and my OHMs. Bass WAS wall shaking prodigious on the OHMs with proper recordings, well recorded organ music, etc. Bass with my Bel Canto Ref1000m is equally impressive, but night and day, way more clean, powerful, and nuanced, though I seldom get the wall shaking effects that the old Carver gear (amp and pre-amp) used to provide. I think it has more to do with the low end rolloff of my ARC sp16 tube pre-amp compared to the old Carver pre-amp than with the amps though.
The Carver monoblocs are rated at 575 wpc @ 8 ohms and 900 wpc @ 4 ohms. I am using two monoblocs per speaker to drive the Kappa 9. One monobloc per speaker just doesn't get optimal results.
Capacitors arre the magic key to using more power than you can suck from the wall.
My Furman REF20i power conditioner has a huge automotive size stiffening cap in it for exactly those moments when the equipment wants more voltage than the wall can deliver.
I see in this review of the M2-1500M a statement by D-Sonic's owner/designer that "all of our amplifiers perform per specification into sub 2-ohm impedances." That does NOT seem to me to be an encouraging sign with respect to its compatibility with the Kappa 9.

On the question of how long the rated power can be sustained, assuming that the provider of the rating is not being devious it would have to be for far longer than milliseconds, in order to comply with Federal Trade Commission requirements for amplifier power ratings. My understanding, though, is that in general Class D amplifiers cannot sustain their rated power for as long as other amplifier classes typically can. Kijanki is more knowledgeable about Class D than I am, so hopefully he will see this and chime in.

Regards,
-- Al
My recollection is D-sonic mainly packages stock Class D amps from other companies. Older D-sonic amps are stock Icepower....not as robust surely for such a demanding application. The newer D-Sonics use a different provider of stock Class D amps (is the name known or confirmed yet?) that appear to be a newer generation of Class D amps targeted for commercial applications mainly, outside of D-sonic that is packaging and marketing it for home use, that appear to be a beefier design than older stock Icepower. With their huge power ratings and seemingly decent stock power supply design and current delivery capability, they just might have a good chance of cutting it with even the most demanding speakers out there perhaps, like the Infinity's. I'm thinking it would be worth a try unless some hard reason not to were to come up. I'm definitley curious to see how it would work out. The one caveat I can think of is that commercial speakers that these newer Class D amps are used in tend to be more efficient and easy to drive designs, which is important for commercial applications. But they just might have enough guts to drive most anything in a typical home application. Very interesting! Class D is definitely a place where things are still happening and evolving these days!