Kevin gets the

Both Stereophile and Absolute Sound review Prima Luna's integrated at the same time...did Kevin threaten to pull his full page ads or else? Don't get me wrong, I have purchased many a tube etc. from Kevin over the years, and he has always been courteous and quite helpful... But this is a perfect example how the world has always worked , and as much as the Internet makes me crazy at times I'm grateful for the free exchange of opinions we still have on sites like Audiogon etc.
goldenear1948
I had a similar experience with Cary as Wescoman did and will never buy any of their products again.
I wasn't aware that Upscale Audio wasn't still selling Cary Audio Products.
Kevin still has a number of current Cary components listed, on his website. Dennis Had retired from Cary in Oct, 2009. Often; when the founder of a company retires, the quality/conscientiousness of same unfortunately suffers. I hate to think that's happened to Cary Audio. I love my(modded) SLM-100's!
Upscale Audio is no longer a Cary Audio dealer, though they do still have some closeout units in which the warranty is being honored. I purchased one of these a few months back. I think that Kevin dropped Cary when Cary decided to start selling direct, though I cannot say for sure how that marriage broke up.

I bought a SLP-98 from Kevin, just as Wescoman (Steve) did, but my unit has the internal phono stage (P) and has performed flawlessly so far. I have heard a lot of scary rumors about Cary customer service, but I know of other high end companies that I can attest to having poor service records.

It does appear as though Cary is headed downstream since Dennis Had's departure. They appear to be headed for the less expensive end of the high end spectrum, which is unusual as I watch the rest of the high end brands spiral ridiculously into the upper economic stratosphere. Most American companies seem to be racing to the upper price levels, meanwhile Cary seems to be wanting to go toe-to-toe with the Chinese market (Jolida, PrimaLuna, etc.) It will be interesting to see how this turns out for them.
More to discover