salesperson recomends what do you think

going to but new bookshelf speakers for a small room. the salesperson is going to have me listen to b&w sonus faber totem and golden ear. this is in the 1500 range, here in your opinion are there some good choices here. thanks
alrudy55
The one that I wouldn't waste my time on are the B&W's. Real screamers. But, if you lack hearing in any way they may be to your liking. The SF's are rather nice sounding. The other two I haven't heard.
I agree with Schubert about B&W but there are plenty of people that go Ga Ga over them so you certainly should check them out.

If I was in the market for speakers in that price bracket I would listen to those.

But listen to other stuff as well. Take your time - its not a race.

I know you mention bookshelves but IMHO the speaker to beat for just a smidgen more at $2k a pair is the Martin Logan Electromotion Electrostatic. Check that out as well. I think you will find it a SIGNIFICANT step over any of the speakers you have mentioned.

Even if it turns out to be just a bit too expensive or you really want a bookshelf it will show you what is possible.

Thanks
Bill
Ditto Silverline Preludes, but with the addition of a sub. I scored my Preludes for 400 bucks used...current version...Ebay or something, and they simply needed a speaker to be wired to the xover (seller paid for that)...maybe that's why they were so cheap...and a REL Q150e for 200 bucks. In my medium large room they sound amazing, and have plenty of punch even with my 65 wpc tube amp. I only mention the prices to make everyone feel jealous of my good fortune.