Most Emotional Opera Melodies

Every time I watch Pretty Woman, and I can't seem to resist it, I wait for the scene at the opera. That little melody is so powerful. I just know I'm missing some very emotional music because I'm an opera dummy.
240zracer
The common thread seems to be that they're well-loved works performed by some legendary singers (Schwartzkopf, Sutherland, De Los Angeles, Horne, Warren, Gedda, et al.). There don't figure to be too many duds in this group of albums, and I'd say it's well worth your while to go through them and see what strikes your fancy. There could actually be some real gems here.
Woah. When was the compilation of Hilter's speeches made? There's nothing particularly fascist about your collection, don't worry :)
Don't want to get too far off track, Lousyreeds1, but I did have that thought :) There doesn't seem to be a date on the box or the book. The record label says Ariola Athena 51159X HI-FI. Problem is, I can't read a lick of German, so I'm not sure exactly what I have here. Pictures in the book and pictures on the record jackets are facinating. If you know German, please email me.
Thanks everyone. I just printed all your suggestions, and I'm going shopping with a much better idea where to start.