which cowboy junkies cd?

I don't own any cowboy junkies music. which should i consider first?
dpm2340
I dunno Jack...I can't agree Trinity Sessions is their best. It's great but I prefer their post Trinity efforts. Personal taste..great thing about art and music.
I stand corrected. The Trinity Session was in fact recorded at the Church of Holy Trinity in Toronoto.

I was so sure I was rite that I started doing some research just to prove it. I remember reading a review in CD review magazine years ago that said it was recorded in the lobby of a grand old hotel and it identified the noise on the first track as coming from an air conditioning duct.

However, a quick check of the CD show's I was wrong. Sheesh, how embarrasing. Proably wrong about the noise too.
Thanks all of you for this.
I'd never even heard of "Cowboy Junkies."

But I just ordered all this new equipment and thought -
what good is it all if I can't experiment with a little new music?

So I found some new music at Audiogon. Joe Sample and Gillian Welch and Dire Straits and so many others that I'd never even heard of.

But of all of these - my absolute favorite of new music (for me) is the Cowboy Junkies. I started with Trinity Sessions and since that worked out pretty good I added more -
now I have six.

I realize this is an old thread and likely nobody will read it - but in case anybody does and has the thought -

"If you love Cowboy Junkies you should also consider x"

Then go ahead and tell me who x is.
ALL of the most recent releases are great. The Nomad series is fantastic, especially "Renmin Park" and "Demons". "Sing in My Meadows" is a little harder edge and I haven't warmed to it as much as the first 2 volumes, but like it none the less. "The Wilderness" is in pre-release - available later in March I think, but you can hear clips on their facebook page. The Nomad Series is a little more psychedelic/experimental than their earlier music. I find it invigorating but I don't know all CJ fans will. I also have "At the End of Paths Taken" (2007) and like it a lot. "One Soul Now" (2004) is also great (one of my favorites), and Trinity Revisited (including Concert DVD is great and a must have - even if (especially if like) have Trinity Sessions.

You may as well just buy everything they've done. I have (save a few of their more obscure compilations).

PS - find a copy of "'neath your Covers". It was a freebee that came with one of the concert DVD's I bought but can be purchased I think. It contains fantastic covers of Springsteen's "Thunder Road", Jesse Colin Young's "Darkness, Darkness", and Neil Young's "Helpless" along with 2 other great songs.
edit: oops - I already said this in an earlier post . . .
Amelia Curran, Sera Cahoone, Po' Girl, Be Good Tonyas, Shannon McNally, Julie Miller, Lucinda Williams, Wailin' Jennys.

There was a thread dealing with "Girl with Guitar" music here a while back which had lots of good relevant suggestions.

John