David Sanborn's "Night Music"

Has anyone ever seen Sanborn's 1988 - 1990 show on tape or disc? It was the best music show ever broadcast on TV. I'll never forget Leonard Cohen and Sonny Rollins playing together. Carla Bley and Bootsy Collins was great, too. And Pharoah Sanders w/Sanborn. And Jack Bruce and Joe Walsh. Betty Carter and Branford Marsalis may have been the best. What's the history of this show not being released?
richardmr
Any show that gave the Sun Ra Arkestra and Captain Beefheart national tv exposure was a national treasure!
Luv the show. I caught a really groovy old B+W clip of Slim Gaillard doing "Dunkin' Bagels in the Coffee" and really trippy guy named Christian Marclay who plays about 5 turntables simultaneously and spins old broken records (he's now a pretty big performance/installatin artist). Thanks to Sanborn for bringing such cool stuff to the tube.

the rights clearances to a show like this could be the obstacle - or just the ecomonics of selling obscure, bizarro to the few weirdos like me who dig this stuff.
I think this show is a cultural landmark. These episodes were like a set of snapshots of our world musical culture in the late 20th century. I would dearly love to get them on DVD.