Porcupine Tree release that equals Lightbulb Sun?

I'm a Porcupine Tree fan. Love Lightbulb Sun and In Absentia. Own several earlier releases. Own Deadwing...blah. That's when I stopped buying PT recordings.

Do any recent Porcupine Tree releases measure up to Lightbulb Sun?
tvad
Tvad;
You need to channel the response of A'goN member: "Proghead" ...or Robert Guilarte
or email him at: proghead@hotmail.com...
He is THE MOST knowledgable cat I know regarding P-Tree.
He probably has everything they have done on both CD AND Vinyl, and will not hesitate to give you his opinion regarding your question, as I remember him saying something similiar about Lightbulb Sun as well.
Come to think of it...he is probably on his way to NearFest
(http://www.nearfest.com/) as we speak. Oh, did I mention he is WAAAY INTO Prog-Rock? Great guy...
I have all of their albums on CD and most on vinyl and many on DVDA. My fav is Deadwing. It grows on you with a few listens as I didn't care for it at first. The new one is good too. Try the Blackfeild albums because they are not as heavy as PT's later stuff. Also get the PT DVD it is great. I saw PT in Atlanta last year.
Tvad - can you elaborate on what you like about Lightbulb Sun, and In Absentia? I have the latter, but not the former, nor have I heard it. It's interesting because my least favorite of all PT releases I have is "In Absentia", and I had to work at it to like it at all. On the other hand I really like Deadwing.

I tend to favor their late '90's work like Sky Moved Sideways, Signify, Stupid Dream. I think it's a little "spacier", and less Pop than what their doing now. I just picked up Fear of a Blank Planet (actually giving it a first listen now) - and really like it

Coma Divine is fantastic for it's performance and recording quality alone (it's a live 2 cd release)
"In Absentia" was the first PT disc I bought, and I was hooked immediately in the first four bars. I'm a bit of a metal head anyway. "Lightbulb Sun" strikes me as a complete work with many dynamics, tempos and variety. I like the earlier stuff..."Signify", "Sky Moves Sideways", etc. but they can get a bit monotonous because they lack variety, IMO. I do like them though.

For me, "Deadwing" is like "In Absentia" Part Two, but without the edge. Maybe that's why many of you like "Deadwing" better...less prog metal content.

I'll check out "Fear of a Blank Planet". Thanks.
I have all of their albums on CD and most on vinyl and many on DVDA as well with many signed on the Stupid Dream Tour,Saw them in SF and LA.Steven asked me why I wanted my cd and album covers defaced with their autographs.I told him that .....I have all their surround disc's and DVD/cd disc's.All sound very good.I have the DVD/cd limited ed. set of Fear and it is very cool.Already a collectors item.Love the music and the theme.Makes you think.6 Songs one being 17 minutes long.Surround DVD-A of Fear due for Sept/07 release.The PT songs I like the best meld The Floyd and The Beatles psych period together and there's a bunch of them.Kids,Steven Wilson is one of the most prolific songwriters and producer out there now,He's a member in 4 or 5 Bands that he is activly engaged in.Ambiant to Pop,Psych,Prog and Prog Metal.A lot of his stuff is highly collectable.If you get started listening and collecting his music,you have a Long Long interesting journey ahead.He started young releasing cassette's of his Imaginary Band Porcupine Tree.Those early releases go through the roof at E Bay.JD