Porcupine Tree release that equals Lightbulb Sun?

I'm a Porcupine Tree fan. Love Lightbulb Sun and In Absentia. Own several earlier releases. Own Deadwing...blah. That's when I stopped buying PT recordings.

Do any recent Porcupine Tree releases measure up to Lightbulb Sun?
tvad
I saw PT last month in Detroit and they were hot! The venue was hot too as they provided no air conditioning. I thought the concert rocked even better than they were in October of 2005, when I saw them in Milwaukee.

I have everything PT has to offer on vinyl and now that they made the jump to a major label, (Atlantic) I fear that there will be no vinly release of Fear of a Blank Planet forthcoming. Say it ain't so Atlantic?
For those of you lucky enough to have been to their concerts this year, or for those who are looking for something new to check out, you should look up their backup band "3".

No, it's not a clone of PT, but it is pretty good. I heard that PT's producer signed them on the spot, so you may be hearing more from them in the future.

I recently picked up their album "Wake Pig" and it's pretty good.

Enjoy,
Bob
Riverside is very good as well as Damnation by Opeth which was produced by SW. Get the PT DVD you won't be disappointed unless of course you don't like PT.
FWIW, I owned a Riverside recording. It might have been "Second Life Syndrome" or "Out of Myself". I can't recall exactly. I didn't care for it. It seemed as though I had heard it all before in the 70s.
Hi Tvad, being a big fan also of Porcupine Tree, I am encouraging you to find everything you can by them.

The originals do sound better and are worth finding if you can. There are some 10" releases that didn't seem to get to CD until later and they then sound like someone processed them on some bad notebook software; you definitely want the originals.

I've used Voyage 34 (LP) for years as a demo at CES- the sound is amazing (this is not the DLP reissue but the original with the op art cover). The LP of Coma Divine has additional material not on the CD. The 10" releases have studio outtakes and live material not found anywhere else. The Italian reissues have extra studio material (Sky Moves Sideways is a good example- include the Stars Die EP).

I got to open for PT on their 2005 tour when they came to Minneapolis. Its great to be able to say that I opened for one of my favorite bands, and it was especially nice to find out that everyone in the band was really nice- not stuck up or pretentious.

Enjoy the ride!!